Saturday, February 23, 2008

Shadow Drifter

Sinking into the shadows
Cold steel pressed against my body
Keeping my secrets inside
Keeping my soul from harm

I can feel you around me
Pushing me on
The wind blows the empty trees
And my soul is carried onward

I can see the shadows moving against the light
The glass is starting to crack
As the ground moves under my feet
Until my feet no longer touch the eart

Cold steel pressing into my hand
The moonlight opens paths never before seen
My body moves as water
Carried upwards on the currents of motion

Shattering sounds all around me
Lights trying to survive against the darkness
I can feel your soul
I can feel you inside my head

Shattering steel brings relief
to my tortured soul
As the light fades
Your eyes tell the tale

Of one who walks the shadow's endless line
The line to life
The line of death
Shadow Drifter

No comments: