Monday, February 11, 2008

Good Enough

I have sold my soul into slavery
To give you the best of everything
I worked until blood mixes with tears
Just to give you the best of my years

Sleepless rest, Restless Sleep
Giving everything I don't have to give
Until you toss me like a stone
Grind my flesh into my bone

My grave being dug by my own hands
Trapped into a coffin of eternal night
All for what? Why do I burn my soul into dust?
To have my dreams left to rust

Into a darkened pit of darkness you place me
Pushing me behind my back
Watching as I fall into the night
Out of my mind, out of your sight

I have broken tethers my body soul and mind
Worked hard to gain solid footing
I will not have you blindly cast me away
I will not fade into the endless gray

I will burn brightly without you
I will crush you beneath endless waves
And then you will be swallowed by the sea
And everything left to give will be given for me

No comments: