Monday, January 14, 2008

Jobs

I've brought you something
Something close to me
I've left you something
Something you'll never see

I've got something close to me
You damage my dreams
You've got something close to me
And it contains all my screams

You breathe in everything I have
And another day
You exhale all I had
And another way

Shattered into pieces
Pieces you can't seem to see
Pushing my chains
And I can't break free

I should be used to it
by now
I should just breathe
But I can't somehow

I hate you with all my passion
Yet your so inescapable
I need the freedom
But it seems just a fable

Fading into the grey
Pushing you away
Grasping at all my straws
But I can't obey

Your light for the blind
Is gone from before my eyes
Your winsome words
Recognized as lies

The coffin nails rattle
As they prepare for the iron head
You scream from behind
But I only stare ahead

Into the light
Away from your darkening soul
You die as you loose your grips on my soul
You die because I am in control

And it's over before it began
And I am free
Free to be chained by another
Another who throws away the key

No comments: