Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Store Opening Woes

Let me ask you a question. When you go up to a store, look at the hours, and see that the store is not open yet, what do you do?

Well, here's what our customers do. Look at the store hours. Try each one of the four doors to see if we are open. Look back at the store hours. Glance at watch. Try each door again. Peek through the doors. Get scowl on face. Walk to window, peek in. (At which point new employees hide. I don't. Let them see me. I've got work to do, and you ain't getting in. Yes, 3 years here will make you a customer cynic)

Sometimes, if your really desperate, you'll tap on the window. Does anyone do this to Food Lion, the drug store, or Dollar Tree? I never did. I'd feel like an idiot. If you tap on the window, my boss might let you in. I still won't.

The last person that just had to get in here an hour and a half before we opened needed something we didn't sell.

We actually had someone camp out in front of our store before a few weeks ago. He looked a little crazy. Stood out there for over an hour, just walking around in slow circles, waiting to open.

Lovely.

No comments: